Personal Introduction

1) Background

My background in aviation started a little later in my life. I was 16 years old when I figured out I wanted to work in an aviation job. I became fascinated and fixated on how such heavy and cumbersome birds on the ground could defy gravity and soar quite gracefully in the air. I would, and still do when able, watch planes fly over-head and dream of one day traveling all over the world. Knowing I wanted to work in the aviation industry, I took a discovery flight from Solo Aviation at the Ann Arbor airport. From that moment I wanted to become a pilot. The feeling of weightlessness has never gotten old and the view is worth more than I could ever express. After traveling to Europe after my senior year in high school, I discovered my love for traveling and found that my new and continuing passion is to fly internationally.

2) Current status

My major is Aviation Flight Technology and I a senior scheduled to graduate in the Winter of 2019.

3) Future plans
My future goals are shrouded in mystery at the moment. For the moment, my goals start with finishing my commercial certification as well as my multi engine rating and CFI by the next fall semester. Afterwards, I am hoping to instruct at Eagle Flight Center for a short time until I can get the 1000 hours required for the R-ATP in which time I will also graduate from EMU and have obtained my Dispatch Certificate. Once I have my ATP certificate, I will apply to various regional carriers and cargo carriers as well. I hope to work for Endeavor so that I can possibly get a foot in the door to Delta. My long-term dream to fly internationally can be accomplished through Delta and I want to fly under their banner one day.

4). Speakers and Topics


Some guest speakers I would like to see would be about 135  and 121 operations and other non-pilot related jobs. It would also be interested in topics such as basic med, and the ATC privatization argument along its pros and cons. My reasoning as a pilot for wanting to know more about other non-pilot jobs is so that i can understand the other parts of the aviation industry as best as i can so that i might relate to everyone and understand their roles as well as my own. I would also like to know more about 135 operations and their lifestyle as well as 121 operations and their differences and similarities to help make my future more clear. I haven't much researched the ATC privatization argument but i have acquired  a general understanding and wish to know more about it. Finally, as an up-and-coming pilot, basic med is something that could easily affect my life very shortly and i would like to know as much about it as I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog

Global Airlines

The next FAA Administrator